Import Zolpidem (ambien, A Schedule Iv Drug) From Sweden?

I’m a Swedish citizen, and I now live in the US where I’m studying at a university.
Back home, I have a doctor who’s treating me for insomnia, and she prescribes me Zolpidem (a.k.a. Ambien, a schedule IV drug). Since I’m no longer in Sweden, would it be OK for my mom to go to a pharmacy to fill this prescription back home, and then send it to me here in the states via postal mail?
I know there are laws prohibiting people from buying drugs off of Canadian pharmacy websites (that are really Indian/Thai/Etc), but since this is a legit doctor, and the bottle has my name on it, and it’s for 3 months of use, and it’s coming from Sweden, and I need it, etc, would it be OK for my mom to send it to me?
The reason why I want to get it from Sweden is that it’s an expensive drug, and by law you’re only allowed to pay $170 for meds in Sweden in a one-year-period, after which the government pays for the rest. I.e., I get it for free, while here I’d pay hundreds of dollars in a one year period..

One thought to “Import Zolpidem (ambien, A Schedule Iv Drug) From Sweden?”

  1. You need to check with US customs. You have to declard the contents of the package, because ti is screened when it enters the US. MAke sure you have a copy of the prescription, I dont see any real legal issues with it, except with the importation.

Leave a Reply